Our Client's Challenges
- Germany migrating to all-IP telephony which our client's infrastructure is not compatible with
- Buy in to ‘spend to save approach’
- Organisational disagreement on ongoing BAU processes and responsibilities
i3Works' Solutions to Those Challenges
Incompatibility of infrastructure.
- i3Works worked with German telephony supplier, BT, TLBs and technical assurance to identify circuits that would be affected and put in place a solution to resolve the compatibility at the PABX.
Buy in to ‘spend to save approach.'
- i3Works developed a technical refresh business case that spelt out the financial benefits of paying to cease extensions to enable a more cost effective PABX to be installed.
- i3Works worked with Service Performance to create process steps in the event of a PABX catastrophic failure. A workshop was then set up with this used as a strawman with GOSCC teams, BT and relevant ISS areas to develop a final working version.
Work Items & Responsibilities
Under the SCP banner, i3Works led the delivery of a number of projects:
- Agreeing a contractually binding next day fix SLA for the legacy telephony estate
- Selective tech refreshes of high risk PABXs
- Agreement between supplier (BT), IUS, ISS and the Top Level Budget on the process to be followed in the event of a the catastrophic failure of a PABX which necessitates the replacement of the PABX due to obsolescence
- The setup of a SCP ‘managed asset’ capability, which delivers:
- Capability for service restoration via technical refresh in the event of a catastrophic failure
- Capability for pro-active technical refresh projects to consume SCP assets and backfill accordingly
- Identification and approach development for utilising deployed Business Continuity Disaster Recovery assets.
- Transfer to a new contract and extension of German telephony services and support for British bases.
Benefits for the Client
- Transition from an increasingly unsupported telephony service to one which is resilient across UK and abroad
- Ongoing telephony services and support for Germany based personnel
- Deployed assets incorporated in SCP or recycled into other projects producing cost savings
- Ability to pro-actively target the most unreliable telephony sites
How i3Works can help your organisation
i3Works has a rich seam of P3M and business change expertise. We have delivered PMOs, led £billion mega projects and led programmes of up to 130 projects. We understand the need to ground P3M solutions in the practical reality of business; ensuring alignment with strategic intent whilst also championing a lean, pragmatic implementation of P3M methodologies. Our team are seasoned practitioners, including Registered Project Professionals, Chartered Engineers and underpinned by a wide range of P3M professional qualifications.
We have a passion for what we do and firmly believe in the value that a PMO can deliver. But we also appreciate that the industry is littered with process heavy, mechanistic PMO implementations that lose sight of their strategic purpose. By maintaining focus on the problems statements that the PMO is there to resolve, the PMO becomes an enabler for effective strategic and tactical decision making.
For further information on how i3Works is able to support you in delivering business value, please contact us:
Return to Case Study Homepage