Our Client's Challenges
- To prepare the business case submission that will attain board approval for the requisite funding that will augment and enhance the airport facilities to accommodate expected passenger growth of c20m, over the next 10 years.
- To develop and establish the transformation programme that will deliver £520m of infrastructure projects post board approval.
- To develop and establish the necessary capability within the existing project delivery function to support the infrastructure transformation programme.
Work Items & Responsibilities
- Leading the Programme.
- Application of a discipline programme management approach underpinned by ‘best practice’ practitioner level knowledge and experience.
- Providing and leveraging construction delivery expertise and innovation from the programme supply chain.
- Interrogating, assessing and improving programme control processes, such as change control, risk management and PCT dashboard reporting.
- Expert review of the risk and issues register and challenging the extent to which risk exposure was captured within financial forecasts, encapsulated within data analysis and dashboards.
- Capital expenditure review in terms of quantum and phasing to ensure compliance with the business IRR (Internal Rate of Return) on capital aspiration.
- Creation and deployment of a procurement strategy for each of the programme components – leveraging the organisation’s supply chain and reaching beyond the frameworks when appropriate.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement – establishing the communications plan template for directing and controlling the programmes messaging.
- Programme reporting to the programme boards and SLT SteerCo’s.
How i3Works can help your organisation
i3Works has a rich seam of P3M and business change expertise. We have delivered PMOs, led £billion mega projects and led programmes of up to 130 projects. We understand the need to ground P3M solutions in the practical reality of business; ensuring alignment with strategic intent whilst also championing a lean, pragmatic implementation of P3M methodologies. Our team are seasoned practitioners, including Registered Project Professionals, Chartered Engineers and underpinned by a wide range of P3M professional qualifications.
We have a passion for what we do and firmly believe in the value that a PMO can deliver. But we also appreciate that the industry is littered with process heavy, mechanistic PMO implementations that lose sight of their strategic purpose. By maintaining focus on the problems statements that the PMO is there to resolve, the PMO becomes an enabler for effective strategic and tactical decision making.
For further information on how i3Works is able to support you in delivering business value, please contact us:
Return to Case Study Homepage